Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 12 - 0 miles - 55 to go

Weatherbound in Wallingford

One really miserable wet English summer day was inevitable, though two in a row a tad depressing.

But great to have a family lunch at The George in Wallingford, plus Justin and Anna for the pudding and the kind gift of a bottle of 'Kreik Max' to see me on my way. The by some amazing serendipity I bumped into Richard and Sheila Rosser on the towpath near Wallingford Bridge; a few minutes either way and we would have missed each other.

Hoping to make Clifton Hampden by this evening and harness some promised sunny periods on Tuesday to get through Abingdon to just south of Oxford. If I can garner enough battery power to get through Oxford on Wednesday (which promises to be dull and wet) then I could aim to completion at the weekend. But best laid plans......

No comments: