Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 2 - 9 miles - 114 to go


Plenty of sun and made fair speed to Walton on Thames in time for a not so healthy dinner at 'The Ship'. The flow of the river is not too strong - about 1 knot or less near the bank - but the prevailing westerly winds are proving tedious. Still I am on track for a pit stop at Windsor at the weekend; a shower and a shave would be marvellous.

Slept well in spite of rain and winds overnight. In fact a call from Hilary at 0730 caught me still in my sleeping bag, whereas she had expected me to have been up and about for 3 hours already!

Worried that the batteries have not gained much charge over the day, so may have to stop early today. But aiming for Runnymead.

1 comment:

SueG said...

Well done Mike and thank you for your excellent send off; we were all "sparkling" when you bravely set off. I have been to Hickstead today and seen some wonderful horses which could be used as your back up if the sun fails they may appear green but there is a lot of gaseous exchange so I'm not too sure of their green score!